Avanti Silicone Ice Block Moulds are a great way to create delicious and healthy summer treats without the disposable packaging. Fill with juice, frozen yogurt, or fruit and freeze for tasty homemade ice blocks or ice creams your family will love. Simply pop on the secure lid, leaving a 12mm space at the top, and freeze! The set includes six brightly coloured moulds that are dishwasher safe.
- 100% non-toxic food grade silicone; a safe alternative to plastic
- BPA, BPS, PVC, and phthalate free.
- Cone shape to drink the last drop of your ice cream without messy drips
- Air tight cap great for drip-free ice cream and sealing snacks
- Also perfect for healthy snacks; nuts, fruit, berries, frozen smoothies
- Save money by making your snacks at home; reduce waste in landfill
- Dishwasher safe
The Avanti silicone ice block moulds seem like a good idea but after using them twice I’ve decided they are not that great! What I do like about it is that it takes up less space, once it is frozen you can place them anywhere. You can fill them with whatever you like.
It doesn’t indicate on the box whether you are suppose to freeze them laying down or standing up on the flat side (upside down on the lids). Don’t be fooled by the picture above, it does not stand up that way! I tried laying them down but I didn’t have enough space. So I froze then standing up.
There are 3 major problems I have with the Avanti silicone moulds.
1. The lids are not very secure, it is very easy for it to loosen if you accidently squeeze the mould a little when placing it in the freezer. Which happened when I used it the first time and the contents leaked everywhere!
2. The second time, it leaked. It was fine when I initially placed it in the freezer, however a couple of hours later when I had a look in the freezer some of the contents in the moulds had leaked. I didn’t over fill it, only up to the max line indicated on the outside of the mould.
3. When you get near the end of your frozen contents there is a silicone smell. Maybe you initially can’t smell the silicone because you push the contents up to eat but once you are near the end and there is melted juice at the bottom of the mould it’s quite strong that it puts me off.
- Fill it with whatever you like
- Easy to clean
- Doesn’t take up much space
- Lid is not secure/tight, easily leak or spill
- Silicone smell